Tuesday 29 August 2017

August: Lately I've Been Loving

So many August loves..



A little bee spotted feasting on this sunflower at the allotment #simplepleasures



I bought these gorgeous melts from The Botanical Candle Company which smell divine! I picked their mix & match pack which contains 2 each of the whole range - Seville with dried orange & lemon peel, Darjeeling & Tea Rose with black tea and rose petals, Almond Grove with roasted almonds, Lavender with dried Yorkshire lavender and Laundry Day with dried Cornflower petals.


The incredible Skin Organics Beauty Box - August's theme was Self Care* and the box contained 3 new to me brands (how exciting). See my initial thoughts HERE.



This amazing new skincare duo** from Lucky Cloud which is available at Love Lula - see my review HERE.






Last week I went to the final #WritersOnTheFringe at Blackwells, Edinburgh. It was great to meet Sara again and pick up a book of a new to me author, Mason Cross. I do love a signed book!





After Foodies Festival we went down to the pond at Inverleith Park and met these friendly pigeons!



We had a few days holiday in beautiful Fife and enjoyed eating and drinking!






We had some amazing cocktails at The Adamson in St Andrews - my colleague Peter had recommended the Zombie! (delicious).


 Halibut - Spiced Israeli Couscous - Goats Cheese - Spinach
Rose Infused Panna Cotta - Sorbet - Meringue - Summer Fruits

We had lunch at Craig Millar @ 16 West End in St Monans which was delicious! Highly recommend. I especially loved the amazing bread and the divine rose pannacotta!



While in St Monans I picked up a couple of locally made products - which featured in my recent post HERE.


Dinner at The Cellar in Anstruther was amazing! Here are some of the courses we enjoyed (yes, and that bread was delicious!)

Rabbit Leg - Pea Mousse - Tomato Jam

Local Crab - Black Garlic - Courgette - Almond Foam

Cured and Torched Mackerel - Pickled Cucumber - Dill - Yoghurt

Heritage Tomato - Chive Oil - Aged Beef Fat Dressing - Goats Crowdie

Halibut - Baby Gem - Bacon - Mussel Juice - Charcoal Oil

Gartmore Duck - Carrot Puree - Pickled Elderflower - Gooseberry

coffee and petit fours (the seabuckthorn jellies were delicious)

What have you been loving in August?

*complimentary
**sent to me as part of the Love Lula Accredited Blogger Program

No comments:

Post a Comment