Monday 8 January 2018

Ishga Scottish Seaweed Organic Skincare: Bodycare & Haircare

As you'll know I'm a huge fan of Ishga's skincare range. See my review HERE. I've had the real pleasure of trying their new(ish) launches for the body and hair.


Their Invigorating Body Oil (100ml - £35)* which is a winner of The Beauty Shortlist Awards 2017 - Editor's Choice is truly gorgeous. It featured in my recent shopping my stash #95 along with the body wash. It's packed with "sustainably sourced Scottish seaweed, and provides a great way to moisturise dry skin whilst stimulating, revitalising and aiding self-repair".

I'm in a great place to actually review it (as I just finished it the other night #sadface). The oil aids blood circulation, increases the skin's moisture content, firms, regenerates, detoxifies and nourishes. It also has a glorious uplifting scent which lingers on the skin and calms the mind. (the aromatic blend is made with essential oils of Lavender, Geranium Rose, Lemongrass and Juniper Berry).  To use: apply to damp skin after showering or bathing or add a few drops under a running tap as you relax in the bath.

Meanwhile, their Invigorating Body Lotion (100ml - £35)* which has a light and easily absorbed texture melts onto the skin deeply nourishing and leaving the skin soft and delicately scented (it's got the same scent as the body oil). To use: apply liberally to the skin concentrating on drier patches like hands, knees, elbows, legs and feet.


I've had this trio beside my shower for the last few weeks. I've found the flip top lids really handy.

The Organic Seaweed Body Wash (250ml - £17.50)* which I like to use in my morning shower. It has an uplifting scent and an organic coconut oil base. To use: massage onto damp skin before rinsing. This also featured in my recent Shopping my Stash post.

Organic Seaweed Shampoo (250ml - £17.50)* and Organic Seaweed Conditioner (250ml - £19.50)*. The shampoo has a detoxing plant-derived base which cleanses the hair and scalp with Aloe Vera to strengthen and soothe. I did find my hair was a little dry after using the shampoo (I think this may be caused by the sea-water added to the formulation). However, the conditioner also uses sea-water in it's formulation but I found it nourished and smoothed my hair.  Have you tried any products by Ishga Scottish Seaweed Organic Skincare? If so, what are your favourites?

*complimentary

1 comment:

  1. These sound really good. I think I just started with a wrong product for me. Will try something else soon x

    ReplyDelete